Friday, April 16, 2010

The Beauty of Womanhood

I found this on someone else's blog.  Click here to see her craziness.  She's a little out there and new-agey, but a lot of what she says makes sense to me.



From her "I Love Being a Woman"
 
I loved singing lullabies to my babies.
 

I loved sitting on the bed of the youngest child,
with all my children gathered around and reading stories to them.
This always led to conversations about what worried them or
what funny things happened to them.
 

I loved having my children bring me potato bugs, dandelions,
blossoms off the trees for evidence of their love to me.



Children are a beauty. I have the capacity to carry them within me,
grow them from my own soul.

the inexplicable pull i feel towards others.
I have love as deep as an ocean in my heart.

Intuition. I care for people, almost too much at times.
I can feel others feelings with such acuteness, it makes me ache.
But I wouldn't give it up for anything.

I get to be a work of art! Wearing beautiful skirts and dresses with long flowing hair
makes me feel like a fairy.
I love to drift around and pretend that I am a painting.

Other women. Our great Mother has brought us all together and lets us feel
the power of each others souls.

I am allowed to cry. Not that men aren't, but I'm almost expected to.
And believe you me, I take full advantage.

Everything feels like everything to me.
Mother Nature brings me to my knees,
children leave me breathless,
and the warmth of my husband makes me weak. I can feel!

We are fighters and we are strong, but we still need to be taken care of.
Pride is not in our blood.

My own mother makes me proud to be a woman.
The wealth of wisdom and love that she has poured out upon my hungry soul has made me
who I am. I have seen her struggle and overcome,
she has taught me what it is to be a mother, child, wife, and woman.




She has a lot of insight and I can definitely relate with her by saying, "I love being a woman, too!"  I can relate to a lot of the feelings she is portraying and I think every woman should be proud of who she is and how she has been created because there is a certain beauty in womanhood that cannot be found anywhere else.  God has created us as beautiful creatures: made to love, nurture, and care for those in need.  What a wonderful call. 

(Funny how 6 months ago, I would have claimed to be borderline feminist.  I think recognizing how God created me and what He created me to be has helped change those ideas.  I see the differences between men and women now and I am able to honor those and see the beauty of both, without an overlap.)

No comments:

Post a Comment