Sunday, August 1, 2010

LEARN

I am having a strange urge to write.  Well, I suppose it's not really strange, just an urge.

I've always had a longing in my heart to be a traveler.  I want to discover the unknown, reopen the past, and know the secrets of the world.  My thirst for knowledge is sometimes insatiable.  All I want is the ability to understand and comprehend the things of history. 

Basically, if I was to travel the world, I would discover new ways of life, thinking, and doing.  It's baffling when you think of the American Mentality: we have it right, our way is right.  Who says we're right (other than us, of course)?  There are ways of life out there completely contrary to what we believe and what we do.  I want to completely reconstruct my view of life and way of thinking.  In traveling, I would do just that.  To be immersed in another culture would give me perspective on why people do what they do.

Also, if I travel, the opportunities of research would automatically increase.  The libraries!  The museums!  The collections!  There are so many, it blows my mind to even imagine the beauty of it all.

Knowing, learning, and understanding is a dream I've had for a long time.  Sometimes, I almost want to drop out of school so I can travel.  I just want to experience life.  Knowledge and learning go hand-in-hand with life lessons.  How can we learn if we don't experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment