Friday, January 1, 2010

12 Months of Love

In lieu of my decision to leave the past behind, I am going "to live out 1 Corinthians 13:4-7" one month at a time.

January: Have patience and be kind
February: Dispel envious thoughts
March: Do not boast and get rid of pride
April: Do not be rude (goes along with kindness, but different)
May: Think of others before myself
June: Control my temper
July: Forgive and forget
August: Seek truth and ignore rude, mean, or awful thoughts toward others
September: Protect the reputation of others (do no spread or tolerate any form of gossip)
October: Trust the word of those you love and have discernment with others
November: Hope for the best for others (including my enemies) and pray for them [all] daily
December: Continue loving patterns

My hope in this "new year's resolution" is that each month will build on the previous month's goal, resulting in all attributes of love by December. :)

Now mind you, I am not perfect, so I will probably mess up a few times, but taking one step at a time gets you to the top of the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment